Title : GAGANYAAN MISSION
Date : Nov 29, 2021
Topic à Science and Technology related topics
- The Gaganyaan human spaceflight module would be launched after the second unmanned mission in 2022-23, according to the Union Minister of Science and Technology.
- By 2022, when India celebrates 75 years of independence, the Rs 10,000 crore Gaganyaan mission was supposed to send a three-member crew to space for five to seven days.
- In December 2021, the first unmanned mission will take place.
- Due to the Covid-19-induced lockdown, it has been postponed.
- Gaganyaan is a mission of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) (ISRO).
- Three Gaganyaan flights will be sent into orbit, according to the Gaganyaan programme.
- Two unmanned flights and one human spaceflight are planned.
- Three Indian astronauts, including a woman, will be aboard the Gaganyaan system module, dubbed the Orbital Module.
- For 5-7 days, it will orbit Earth in a low-earth-orbit at a distance of 300-400 kilometres.
- Crew module – spaceship transporting human people will be part of the payload.
- Two liquid propellant engines power the service module.
- It will have emergency escape and mission abort capabilities.
- The three-stage heavy lift launch vehicle GSLV Mk III, also known as the LVM-3 (Launch Vehicle Mark-3), will be used to launch Gaganyaan because it has the appropriate payload capabilities.
- International Collaboration on Gaganyaan Mission:
- Training to astronauts will be given in Russia.
- The ISRO's Human Space Flight Centre and the Russian government-owned Glavkosmos signed a contract for training in June 2019, which includes Russian assistance in applicant selection, medical assessment, and space training.
- The candidates will study the Soyuz manned spacecraft's systems in depth and receive training in short-term weightlessness aboard the Il-76MDK plane.
- A Russian spaceship is the Soyuz. The Soyuz transports astronauts and supplies to and from the International Space Station.
- The Il-76MDK is a military transport plane with a parabolic flight capability for trainee astronauts and space tourists.
- Importance of Gaganyaan Mission:
- It will aid in the advancement of science and technology in the country, as well as encourage young people.
- Several agencies, laboratories, disciplines, industries, and departments will be involved in Gaganyaan.
- It will contribute to increased industrial growth.
- The government has announced the formation of a new organisation, IN-SPACe, as part of changes aimed at increasing private participation in the space sector.
- It will contribute to the advancement of technology for the benefit of society.
- It will aid in the improvement of international cooperation.
- It's possible that a single International Space Station (ISS) built by numerous countries will be insufficient. Gaganyaan will focus on regional needs such as food, water, and energy security, which will necessitate regional ecosystems.
- Other upcoming projects in India include:
- Chandrayaan-3 Mission: India has announced plans for a new lunar mission known as Chandrayaan-3. It is expected to debut in early 2021.
- Shukrayaan Mission: The ISRO is also planning a Venus mission, which will be known as Shukrayaan.
- Source à The Hindu à 29/11/21 à Page Number 5
Tags : chandrayaan, isro