Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : THE ZyCoV - D VACCINE (Prelims Specific Topic)
Date : Dec 04, 2021
- About the ZyCov – D Vaccine:
- Only people between the ages of 12 and 19 are eligible for the vaccine.
- A needle-free applicator is used to deliver ZyCov – D.
- It comes in three doses. It's given on the 28th and 56th days after the first dose.
- It is priced at Rs 376.
- It has shown to be 66.6 percent effective.
- Cadila Healthcare, an Indian pharmaceutical business, produced the vaccine.
- It has been created using plasmid DNA.
- simple terms, it was created using a portion of DNA from a virus that had been weakened or killed.
- The human immune systems learn to respond to the virus when this DNA fragment is delivered into the body. E Coli cells are used to make the plasmid.
- Why is ZyCov – D known as a needle-less vaccine:
- Because ZyCov – D is administered by a jet injector.
- An injecting syringe is referred to as a jet injector.
- A tiny stream of high-pressure liquid penetrates the skin's outermost layer here.
- This allows the drug to reach the epidermis' underlying tissues.
- This is preferable to the traditional needle approach.
- This is due to the fact that the vaccines are transported through the cell plasma membrane and nuclear membrane in this technique.
- Conventional approaches, on the other hand, produce low immunogenicity.
- Source à The Hindu à 03/12/21 à Page Number 10
Tags : DNA, Covid