Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : RICE CULTIVATION IN INDIA (Prelims specific)
Date : Dec 07, 2021
Topic à Indian Agriculture
- Required Temperature à Ranges between 22 to 32 degrees Celsius, with considerable humidity.
- Rainfall à Ranges between 150 to 300 cm.
- Soil type: Loamy, deep clayey soil.
- Major Rice Producing States à West Bengal > Punjab > Uttar Pradesh > Andhra Pradesh > Bihar are the top rice producing states.
- It is the majority of Indians' principal food crop.
- Paddy is grown three times a year in states like Assam, West Bengal, and Odisha. Aus, Aman, and Boro are their names.
- Major Rice Producing Nations à After China, India is the world's second-largest rice producer.
- Government Initiatives à A few government initiatives to boost rice growing include the National Food Security Mission, Hybrid Rice Seed Production, and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
- Source à The Hindu à 06/12/21 à Page Number 5
Tags : foodgrain production, indian agriculutre