Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : PR BONDS: Prelims Specific Topic
Date : Dec 08, 2021
- A Personal Recognizance (PR) bond is also known as an Own Recognizance (OR) bond or "no cost bail."
- A person gets released from custody and is not required to post bail with this form of bond.
- They must, however, show up for their scheduled court appearance and sign a release form expressing this guarantee in writing.
- The individual is then freed from detention on the condition that they appear in court and follow any conditions of release imposed by the court.
- Source à The Hindu à 07/12/21 à Page Number 8
Tags : Bail Bonds