Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : Saline Gargle RT-PCR Technology:
Date : Nov 10, 2021
Prelims Specific Topic
- Nagpur-based National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) had recently transferred the know-how of indigenously developed Saline Gargle RT-PCR technique to the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) for commercialising it
- NEERI is an institute under the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- It is simple, fast, cost-effective, patient-friendly and comfortable.
- It also provides instant test results and is well-suited for rural and tribal areas, given minimal infrastructure requirements.
- Saline Gargle RT-PCR method uses a simple collection tube filled with saline solution.
- The patient has to gargle the solution and rinse it in the tube
- The sample is taken to the laboratory where it is kept at room temperature for about 30 minutes in a special buffer solution prepared by NEERI.
- An RNA template is produced when this solution is heated and then processed for RT-PCR.
· Source : The Indian Express
Tags : Saline Gargle RT-PCR Technology: