Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : THE KASHI VISHWANATH CORRIDOR
Date : Dec 14, 2021
Topic à Indian Culture
- Facts to Remember:
- PM's long-held aim of building a readily accessible road between Kashi Vishwanath Temple and the Ganga River's banks will be realised with this initiative.
- On March 8, 2019, PM lay the foundation stone for the project.
- The Project for the Kashi Vishwanath Corridor:
- More than 40 historic temples have been renovated and beautified as part of the project, which spans 5 lakh square feet. 23 additional structures were built as part of the project to provide devotees with a variety of services.
- Environmental Protection Message:
- The environmental message was also promoted along the Kashi corridor. Rudraksh, Parijat, Bael, Amla, and Ashok trees have been planted throughout the corridor.
- Trees have been planted strategically across the temple grounds and mandir chowk.
- Three passenger facilitation centres are being built.
- Diverse buildings have been developed as part of this project to accommodate various religious functions.
- In addition, three traveller facilitation centres have been established in Vishwanath Dham. Lockers, stores selling puja materials, and ticket counters were also included in the project.
- Prasad of Kashi Vishwanath Dham:
- Varanasi district administration plans to provide laddoos to 8 lakh homes in the city on this occasion.
- The Vishwanath Temple in KashiL
- Lord Shiva is honoured at this well-known Hindu temple.
- It is located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh's Vishwanath Gali.
- It is located on the Ganga's western bank.
- The temple is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas, Shiva's holiest shrines.
- Shri Vishwanath and Vishweshwara, which mean Lord of the Universe and Shri Vishwanath and Vishweshwara, respectively, are the temple's main deities.
- Source à The Hindu à 13/12/21 à Page Number 1
Tags : Lord Shiva, Varanasi