Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : THE NIRF RANKING
Date : Dec 18, 2021
Topic à Education related issues
- The sixth edition's highlights include:
- The top three higher education institutes in the country are IIT-Madras, IISc-Bangalore, and IIT-Bombay.
- Miranda House has won the list for best college for the second year in a row.
- IISc Bengaluru was the top-ranked university in the university category.
- It is the government's first attempt to rank the country's higher education institutions (HEIs).
- In 2015, it was first introduced.
- In the beginning, participation in the NIRF was voluntary; but, in 2018, it became mandatory for all government-run educational institutions.
- This year, around 6,000 institutions took part in NIRF, which is nearly double the number from 2016.
- What is the order in which they are ranked:
- All educational institutions are evaluated on five characteristics in order to be ranked: teaching, learning, and resources, research and professional practises, graduation outcomes, outreach and diversity, and perception.
- Overall national rating, universities, engineering, college, medical, management, pharmacy, law, architecture, dental, and research are among the best institutions listed by NIRF.
- Source à The Hindu à 16/12/21 à Page Number 3
Tags : higher education institutions, IIT-Madras