Title : PRADHAN MANTRI KRISHI SINCHAYI YOJNA
Date : Dec 18, 2021
Topic à Government Policies & Interventions
- PMKSY is a 2015-launched Centrally Sponsored Scheme (Core Scheme). The proportion of Centre-States will be 75:25. The ratio will be 90:10 in the north-eastern region and hilly states.
- Its goals are to bring irrigation investments closer together at the field level and to increase the amount of land that can be cultivated with reliable irrigation (Har Khet ko pani),
- To increase the implementation of precision irrigation and other water-saving technology, to improve on-farm water usage efficiency and reduce water waste (More crop per drop),
- Exploring the viability of reusing treated municipal based water for peri-urban agriculture and attracting more private investment in a precision irrigation system to improve aquifer recharge and implement sustainable water conservation techniques.
- Water budgeting is done for all sectors, including home, agricultural, and industry, to ensure a full and holistic picture of the entire "water cycle."
- It is created by combining existing plans:
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development, and Ganga Rejuvenation's Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Program (AIBP).
- Department of Land Resources, Ministry of Rural Development's Integrated Watershed Management Program (IWMP).
- Department of Agriculture and Cooperation's On-Farm Water Management (OFWM) (DAC).
- Implementation - Through the State Irrigation Plan and the District Irrigation Plan, decentralised implementation is possible.
- Source à The Hindu à 16/12/21 à Page Number 8
Tags : Ministry of Water Resources, River Development, and Ganga Rejuvenation