Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : THE DENGUE FEVER
Date : Dec 22, 2021
Topic à Health related issues
- When do dengue fever cases peak:
- The disease follows a seasonal pattern, peaking after the monsoon and not being evenly dispersed throughout the year.
- Every year, from July to November, there is an increase in dengue fever cases.
- What is the main cause of the dengue fever outbreak:
- Mosquito breeding grounds are being reduced at an alarming rate, while adult control techniques such as Indoor Space Spray and fogging are not being implemented on a regular basis. When dengue fever is reported, control actions in that area are ignored.
- Dengue fever is a disease that affects people all around the world
- Dengue fever is spread through the bite of a female Aedes (Aedes) mosquito.
- Aedes is a day feeder with a maximum flight distance of 400 metres.
- Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne disease that causes minor sickness in most people. However, severe dengue infections can be fatal.
- Dengue fever has an annual incidence of 100-400 million cases, according to WHO estimates, with the global incidence increasing substantially "in recent decades."
- Source à The Hindu à 20/12/21 à Page Number 3
Tags : vector born disease