Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : MIG 21 FIGHTER JETS: Prelims Specific Topic
Date : Dec 27, 2021
- MiG 21 is a Soviet Union product that first entered service in 1959.
- In 1963, India received full technology transfer and the authority to license-build the MiG-21 in the country.
- It is the Indian Air Force's first supersonic fighter aircraft.
- In 1985, Russia ceased production of the aircraft, while India continued to operate updated versions.
- India is expected to give three MiG fighter jets to Russia at the upcoming India-Russia bilateral summit.
- By 2021-22, MiG-21 fighter jets will be taken out of service.
- Tejas, an indigenous fighter plane, will replace the MiG-21, which is getting old.
- Source à The Hindu à 25/12/21 à Page Number 8
Tags : India-Russia, Indian Air Force