Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : THE BULLI BAI APP: Prelims Specific Topic
Date : Jan 04, 2022
- According to reports, the webpage was created on January 1st and had a number of photos of Muslim women, including journalists, social workers, students, and celebrities, along with insulting remarks.
- Bulli Bai's complaint was filed by a woman who works for an internet news platform.
- "The term 'Bulli bai' itself appears disrespectful, and the content of this website/portal (bullibai.github.io) is clearly aimed at insulting Muslim women, as the derogatory term 'Bulli' is used exclusively for Muslim women, and the entire website appears to have been designed with the intent of embarrassing and insulting Muslim women," she wrote in her complaint.
- She said the portal used her doctored photo "in an inappropriate, offensive, and blatantly obscene manner."
- The photo uploads on the 'Bulli Bai' app were identical to those on the 'Sulli Deals' app in July of last year.
- The 'Bulli Bai' app functioned similarly to Sulli Deals.
- When the box was opened, a Muslim woman's face was displayed as Bulli Bai at random.
- Source à The Hindu à 04/01/22 à Page Number 1
Tags : social media, crime against women