Title : THE SILVERLINE PROJECT:
Date : Jan 07, 2022
Topic à Infrastructure related issues
- The Kerala government's proposed 'Silver Line' project has received in-principle permission from the Ministry of Railways.
- The Project's Background:
- It entails the construction of semi-high-speed railways between Kerala's two corners.
- It stretches over 532 kilometers.
- The corridor will be constructed separate from the existing Thiruvananthapuram-Thrissur route.
- Its goal is to link major cities and districts with semi-high-speed trains that will travel on their own lines.
- The nodal agency would be the Kerala Rail Development Corporation (K-Rail), a joint venture between the Ministry of Railways and the Kerala government that will carry out projects on a cost-sharing basis.
- Source à The Hindu à 07/01/22 à Page Number 5
Tags : Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, rail route