Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : ASIAN INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT BANK
Date : Jan 17, 2022
Topic à International Relations
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is an international development bank tasked with improving social and economic results in Asia and beyond.
- The Bank's Membership is made up of the parties to the agreement (57 founding members).
- Beijing is the bank’s headquarters.
- It first opened its doors in January of 2016.
- It seeks to connect people, services, and markets that will influence billions of lives and build a better future by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive industries now.
- There are now over 100 members.
- France, Germany, Italy, and the United Kingdom are among the 14 G-20 countries that are members of the AIIB.
- China is the bank's largest stakeholder, with 26.61 percent of voting shares, followed by India (7.6%), Russia (6.01%), and Germany (6.01%). (4.2 percent ).
- Regional members have 75 percent of the Bank's total voting power.
- Board of Governors: Each member country appoints one Governor and one Alternate Governor to the Board of Governors. Governors and Alternate Governors serve at the discretion of the member who appoints them.
- Board of Directors: The Bank's general operations are directed by a non-resident Board of Directors, which exercises all powers given to it by the Board of Governors.
- The Bank has formed an International Advisory Panel (IAP) to advise the President and Senior Management on the Bank's strategy and policies, as well as basic operational matters.
Tags : India, China, ADB