Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : River Lukha: Prelims Specific Topic
Date : Jan 31, 2022
- According to the Meghalaya government, a toxicological testing project has returned the Lukha River to the dead.
- The Lukha River is located in the East Jaintia Hills region.
- Lukha, which draws the southern part of East Jaintia Hills, is fed by the Lunar River, its main river with numerous streams from the hillsides of the Narpuh Reserve. The river flows into Bangladesh.
- The government has said the toxicity testing program returns the river to the dead
- Luke - the "fish depot" in the local language of Pnar - was considered more toxic than a decade ago.
Tags : water pollution, river becoming blue