Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : PM Poshan Shakti Nirman Scheme
Date : Nov 11, 2021
- The existing Mid-Day Meal scheme, which provides hot meals to students, has been recently renamed as the National Scheme for PM Poshan Shakti Nirman.
- About the Mid-Day meal scheme:
- The National Programme of Nutritional Support to Primary Education (NP-NSPE) was launched as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme in 1995.
- Objective: To enhance enrolment, retention and attendance and simultaneously improve nutritional levels among children.
- In 2001 it became a cooked Mid Day Meal Scheme.
- The Scheme covers children of classes I-VIII studying in government, government-aided schools, special training centres (STC) and madarsas/ maqtabs supported under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA).
- It is the largest school feeding programme in the world.
- It is covered by the National Food Security Act, 2013.
Tags : welfare schemes, mid day meal