Title : PURI HERITAGE CORRIDOR
Date : Feb 02, 2022
Topic à Indian culture will cover the most important parts of Art Forms, Literature, and Architecture.
- In Odisha, the Puri heritage corridor is being built at a cost of Rs 800 crore.
- What exactly is the Puri heritage corridor initiative:
- The Puri Heritage Project, which began in 2016, intends to turn the holy city of Puri into a worldwide tourist destination.
- In total, 22 separate projects will be implemented in stages.
- The state government's Augmentation of Basic Amenities and Development of Heritage and Architecture in Puri (ABADHA) scheme has provided funding.
- Puri Lake will be redeveloped, and the Musa River will be revitalised as part of the project.
- Puri Jagannath Shrine is a Hindu temple in Puri, India.
- It is an important Vaishnavite temple in Puri, Odisha, dedicated to Jagannath, a manifestation of Sri Krishna.
- King Anatavarman Chodaganga Deva of the Eastern Ganga Dynasty is thought to have built the temple in the 12th century.
- The 'Yamanika Tirtha' of Jagannath Puri temple is where, according to Hindu beliefs, the power of 'Yama,' the god of death, has been negated in Puri due to Lord Jagannath's presence.
- This shrine is part of the Char Dham pilgrimages and is known as the "White Pagoda" (Badrinath, Dwaraka, Puri, Rameswaram).
- The Ratha Yatra, or chariot festival, is held every year at the Puri temple, during which the three main deities are hauled by gigantic, ornately painted temple cars.
- Source à The Indian Express
Tags : black pagoda, white pagoda