Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : CENTRAL ZOO AUTHORITY
Date : Feb 02, 2022
Topic à Environment related issues
- About the Central Zoo Authority (CZA):
- It is the official body that controls zoos in India.
- It was founded in 1992.
- The main objective of the Authority is to complement and strengthen national efforts to conserve the country's rich ecosystem, especially wildlife, in line with the 1998 Zoo policy.
- It enforces the minimum standards and practices for the protecting and caring of animals.
- Every zoo in the country needs to get CZA recognition for its set-up and functioning.
- Source à The Indian Express
Tags : zoo policy