Title : UDAN SCHEME
Date : Feb 09, 2022
Topic à Government Policies and Interventions for the vulnerable sections:
- About the UDAN scheme (Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik) Scheme:
- The program aims to improve air connectivity in remote and regional parts of the country and to make air travel cheaper.
- It is an integral part of the National Aviation Policy led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and launched in June 2016.
- Under the scheme, around 50 % of the seats are reserved at subsidized rates, and the air carrier companies are provided the requisite viability gap funding.
- The cost is borne by the central government and the concerned states.
- The plan will be valid for ten years and may be extended thereafter.
- The fourth version of the UDAN Scheme was launched in December 2019 with a strong focus on the North-Eastern regions, the Hilly States and the Islands.
- Airports already built by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) are prioritized for the provision of VGF (Viability Gap Funding) under the Scheme.
- Under UDAN 4.0, the operationalization of helicopters and marine aircrafts are also included.
- Source à Press Information Bureau
Tags : Airports Authority of India, UDAN 4.0