Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : UIGHURS
Date : Feb 09, 2022
Topic à International Relations:
- The Uighurs are a small Turkic group of Muslims, whose origins can be traced to Central and East Asia.
- The Uighurs speak their language, similar to Turkish, and consider themselves culturally and ethnically close to Central Asian countries.
- China sees them only as a minority and denies that it is an indigenous group.
- Currently, a large number of Uighur people live in the Xinjiang region of China.
- Many Uighurs also live in neighbouring Central Asian countries, such as Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan.
- Uighur Muslims for decades have been placed under false accusations by the Chinese government for terrorism and segregation and have faced torture including persecution, forced imprisonment, intensive surveillance, surveillance and even slavery.
Source à The Hindu
Tags : Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China