Prepare IAS Coaching
Title : MGNREGA
Date : Feb 10, 2022
Topic à Government Schemes:
- About MGNREGA:
- The program was launched in 2005 as a social initiative that guarantees the “right to work”.
- A key point of this social and labour law is that local/state government will have to formally provide at least 100 days of wages in rural India to improve their quality of life.
- Generation of paid rural employment of not less than 100 days for each volunteer worker with unskilled work.
- Continuing to ensure community inclusion by strengthening the livelihood of the rural poor.
- Construction of durable infrastructure in rural areas such as springs, lakes, roads and canals.
- Reduce urban migration from rural areas.
- Building rural infrastructure through underutilized domestic workers.
- The following are eligible ways to receive benefits under the MGNREGA program:
- You must be a citizen of India to claim the benefits of MGNREGA.
- A job applicant has completed 18 years of age.
- The applicant must be part of a local family of that village (i.e. the application must be made through a local Gram Panchayat).
- Applicants must volunteer for unskilled jobs.
- Within 15 days of submitting the application or from the date on which the job is sought, salary work will be provided to the applicant.
- There is a right to receive an unemployment benefit grant, in the event that the work is not granted within 15 days of submission of the application or from the date of application.
- The Social Audit of MGNREGA works is mandatory to enhance their accountability and transparency.
Tags : Social Audit, right to work